We’ve made progress in a couple of areas. We’re inching closer to the beta (content only) for Secret Letter with only two small pieces left to write and code. Mike is tapping out the final design changes and those should be implemented some time in the next week or two.
Erika and I are going to meet in the next week or so to start designing the themes for the user interface. These themes will be hand drawn graphic illustrations of various settings within the game. When the player reaches a certain location and/or scene, the user interface will change its background and colors to reflect the current setting.
I’ve been networking at various entrepreneur gatherings looking for marketing help, potential investors, and advice. There’s been a lot of very positive support from the entrepreneurial community in Chicago. I continue to reach out to partners and advisors to help make Textfyre a first class publishing company.
And finally, the most significant news is the addition of Jesse McGrew to Textfyre as a Systems Programmer. Jesse will be developing our virtual machine with additional unique requirements that will make it the best interactive fiction user interface ever developed, commercial or otherwise.
We still have a ways to go before we publish Secret Letter, but every month we’ve made some progress on some aspect of the business. In the meantime, we’re focused on refining our internal processes and developing new ones to help us in the future.
I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. We’re going to be publishing our first game in the first quarter of 2008. Stay tuned!